Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Anorak?

What's your favorite anorak?

Lure of the north! as far as canvas goes, its well made an should last me forever.

I did just order a boreal mountain wool rough so I should likely hold my opinion until it gets here.
    Last edited by Ray1984; 06-23-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

The one I can afford...

Seriously, I was fortunate to find one from a guy who is no longer around. It's not fancy (I sewed some woven Nordic oriented tape on it to give it some color) but I'm OK with it. If you put it against one of the "name" anoraks you'd be able to see the differences but so far it's done well by me so I'll go with it until it gives out; which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

PS - If I'm going out for a short outing I still pull out my old 65/35 poly/cotton anorak from LL Bean. I've had it for over 30 years and other than the elastic in the cuffs being shot, the rest of the garment is still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
        The one I can afford...

Seriously, I was fortunate to find one from a guy who is no longer around. It's not fancy (I sewed some woven Nordic oriented tape on it to give it some color) but I'm OK with it. If you put it against one of the "name" anoraks you'd be able to see the differences but so far it's done well by me so I'll go with it until it gives out; which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

snapper

PS - If I'm going out for a short outing I still pull out my old 65/35 poly/cotton anorak from LL Bean. I've had it for over 30 years and other than the elastic in the cuffs being shot, the rest of the garment is still going strong.
        Snapper the best gear is always the one you have, and use. If what you have is doing the job dont worry about it

Comment

Empire Canvas, Anarak/Parka, coming and going,,,

Beaver mitts and coyote ruff from my traplines,,, the finger woven sash I did myself,,, the snowshoes are Faber, of a 18”x39” style they no longer make,,, the Strømeng Leuku is a 9” version,,, and the pack du jour is an LL Bean Continental Rucksack. Photos by GoPro ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	5197DA49-98E9-47FB-9208-B8753C488C72.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	484.1 KB ID:	375Click image for larger version  Name:	75370943-617C-4530-9457-D7B6693D70C7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	597.6 KB ID:	376
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Haggis; 06-25-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I've mentioned this in another forum but everything I see Haggis in those photos he posted all I can think of is he and I are twin sons from different mothers. I just wish we still received in NYS the level of snowfall he seems to get in his neck of the woods.

snapper

Comment

Empire wool and Canvas. i have both the Snowshoe Hare, and the Permafrost Parka. 2 different over jackets, for 2 different types of weather. Construction is top notch, and the customer service is excellent. Cottage business, and local to Minnesota.

LL

Comment

Working...
              X