Winter tent in the summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoutergriz View Post

people have used stoves in tents for centuries with no issue, my family and many others have LIVED in a hot tent for an entire winter with no issues. You don't hear about the millions of days that go well for the vast majority, you only hear of ONE day that went bad for ONE group, and they used a charcoal BBQ, not a woodstove.
    I’m not here to argue- that’s for juveniles, but I would not call months long testing by various military personnel from different countries, a single day. As well one must look at different sleeping systems versus the environment. Hot tenting with a Wiggy’s bag, or traditional furs for instance will give you different results than for instance a goose down bag.

Comment

• Scoutergriz
      Scoutergriz commented
      Editing a comment
      yet here you are... Sorry, but I spent some time as a CI wilderness instructor for the DND, and the Canadian M-1950 stove was rarely problematic, it was when the oil dripper was incorrectly installed that problems happened, if there was no burner tray the oil dripped onto the floor of the stove which was too cool for proper combustion and the half burnt oil created tons of greasy soot which caused the damper and spark arrestor to clog, one class was entirely devoted to proper maintenance and operation, It's not the stove's fault that not everyone followed procedures.

Your negative reaction to my original comment and continued negativity suggests you are the one who wishes to argue. Secondly, your comment above shows you and I are not even talking about the same thing- so let me clarify since there is obviously a miscommunication. I am speaking on the effects of heating/cooling/condensation when it comes to using a stove in a tent with its effects on various sleeping systems. If using a hot tent the effects on various types of insulation need to be looked at before going the hot tent route if it is going to be for a prolonged period of time.

Comment

I have a mesh inner tent for my Luxe Octopeak for summer months if bugs are a problem. I have a winter inner for use in colder weather to prevent condensation transfer from the tent wall. It has breathable walls with a few mesh venting options. Seems to work okay for what the whole system is: lightweight, backpackable hot tent shelter

Comment

Originally posted by 4estTrekker View Post
        I have a mesh inner tent for my Luxe Octopeak for summer months if bugs are a problem. I have a winter inner for use in colder weather to prevent condensation transfer from the tent wall. It has breathable walls with a few mesh venting options. Seems to work okay for what the whole system is: lightweight, backpackable hot tent shelter
        Sounds like an interesting setup!

Comment

Working...
        X