Winter tent in the summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter tent in the summer?

For those of you that get year around use of your winter tent, how do you set it up for summer use? What changes did you make to the setup?

I Have a seek outside Tipi, I take the liner out when i choose to use it in the warmer months. other wise no changes.

Comment

I have a couple of dedicated winter tents and have never done anything different when using them during the warmer months. I did just order a nest from Seek Outside for my "Red Cliff" which should be here the end of this week so that will be an adjustment but that would be it. And if it works out as well as I'm hoping, the Red Cliff may be my main shelter in the future since I'll have bug protection going forward.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Comment

My last tent that I sewn up was very similar to a SO Red cliff. IMHO it's a great design. If it works well for you I may just make bug netting "nest" for mine as well. 😀

Comment

Heavy Duty - I'll try to remember to get back to you after I get a chance to use it. Honestly, I don't mind floorless shelters in the least but sometimes the flying critters can make a trip unbearable. Having a place to escape can make all the difference in the world between being able to enjoy yourself or not; which I'm sure you're already familiar with!

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate it. Makes sense to get the most out of an investment.

Comment

Working...
            X