Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My toboggan build thread... with pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice build, thanks for posting the pictures. Great attention to detail. I made a UHMW sled a couple years ago and it glides like a dream.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for a great write up. I started my toboggan build planning, then stumbled onto this thread and realized that you had built nearly exactly what I was going for.

I built three out of a 4x8 sheet of HDPE, and we took them on the first trip last weekend. Packed in way more then necessary, but we had a goal to keep the kids comfortable so that they might want to do this again sometime. The toboggans performed flawlessly, and we gathered a lot of info on how to pack next time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210130_105939121_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.68 MB ID:	2113
      Last edited by hh76; 02-02-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hh76 View Post
        Just wanted to say thanks for a great write up. I started my toboggan build planning, then stumbled onto this thread and realized that you had built nearly exactly what I was going for.

I built three out of a 4x8 sheet of HDPE, and we took them on the first trip last weekend. Packed in way more then necessary, but we had a goal to keep the kids comfortable so that they might want to do this again sometime. The toboggans performed flawlessly, and we gathered a lot of info on how to pack next time.
        I'm really pleased to know that you found the thread helpful, and I think it's great that you were able to take the family with you! It does look like you had a rather... well appointed tent!

Funny coincidence, I was out with my daughter last weekend. It was her first trip and I had similar goals -- keep the kid comfortable! She had a great time.

We used the toboggan, of course!

Click image for larger version

Name:	C3A36C48-E5D7-484D-B0D2-1CDA379F6FDD.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	2119

Comment

I whole-heartedly second the notion that it is great that you guys are getting the kids out!! Fabtastic!
          Maxine and I sincerely enjoyed the event two weeks ago of our son taking the family gear and going hot-tenting with his like-minded girlfriend (and without us .
          Love to see our kids honing their skills and then stepping out on their own!

Comment

Working...
          X