Subsitute for Mors Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subsitute for Mors Pot

Anyone know of a decent substitute for a 1.8L Mors Pot? Since they're discontinued and not made anymore, I'm looking for another one or something similar.

Self Reliance Outfitters (Pathfinder School, Dave Canterbury) makes stainless steel bush pots in various sizes that appear similar to the beloved Mors bush pot. Here is a link to the 64ounce one that is closest in size.

https://www.selfrelianceoutfitters.c...nt=38538709121

Cheers

Brian

Comment

What material? Lots of titanium ones out there, several of the Toaks pots have bail handles. In stainless the Zebra pots that BensBackwoods sells are good or the Solo stove pots. The Open Country pots are good if you are ok with non-stick, I dont think they make the plain aluminum one's any more. And GSI make some some decent pots. The Pathfinder pots mentioned are good though very thin stainless.

Comment

Open Country 12 Cup Percolator (emergencyoutdoors.com)
        Open Country 5 Cup Percolator (emergencyoutdoors.com)
        Throw out the percolators and you have similar pots.
        Last edited by Mike Bechard; 01-05-2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Get them while you can. My understanding from other forums is that Open Country have stopped making these. 1200ml is a pretty small billy, More like a generous coffee cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog55 View Post
            Get them while you can. My understanding from other forums is that Open Country have stopped making these. 1200ml is a pretty small billy, More like a generous coffee cup.
            You've obviously got a bigger bladder than me!

Comment

I purchased 2 at last years' WCS from Don at Four Dog, as he said they would be hard to get. I regret not buying more of them. Hopefully someone will see the need for an affordable bush pot in anodized aluminum.

LL

Comment

Get an old cheap USarmy canteen cup and cut the handles from it, then rivet the handles to an aluminium billycan and beat in a spout with a hammer. Or use the original billy can as used here for a couple of hundred years, a big tin can with a coat hanger handle and a stick to get it out of the fire. Usually free from somebodies rubbish tin at a cafe or restaurant

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog55 View Post
                  Get an old cheap USarmy canteen cup and cut the handles from it, then rivet the handles to an aluminium billycan and beat in a spout with a hammer. Or use the original billy can as used here for a couple of hundred years, a big tin can with a coat hanger handle and a stick to get it out of the fire. Usually free from somebodies rubbish tin at a cafe or restaurant
                  I like making stuff. I'll look for some cheap canteen & cup handles. Thanks.

Comment

I guess that Pathfinder billy is the closest thing around, heavier than aluminium I suppose but by how much?
                    64 ounces is a tad shy of 2 litres and I've always thought that the 3+ litres of the A-10 can was the perfect size

Comment

Have you looked at an IMUSA grease container. They are around $10 and all you have to do is change the knob to use on a fire.

Comment

I thought whole point about the Mors coffee pot was the folding handles, so it took up less room in the pack, which made it more efficient.

Comment

I always liked the design and size but I don’t do aluminium. I have a stainless Mors-type pot and like it, other than it being made in China. Its the same one made for the self reliance company sans their logo. It’s sturdy, handles and bail stay where you put them, lid friction fit and stays put. I recommend it if you are looking for a pot big enough for 1-2 people.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	39D66B27-28FB-4526-BEC9-0A99880456A3.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	2832

Comment

Working...
                            X